- Type: softwood
- Botanischer Name: Larix decidua
- Botanische Familie: Pinaceae
- Herkunft: Siberia
- DIN EN 13556:
- Wood colours: light brown to reddish brown with a reddish-white sapwood
- Characteristics: with highly irregular grain growth.
Areas of use:
- Parquet, furniture, cigar boxes, shipbuilding, hydraulic engineering, industrial and hall, doors, railway sleepers, bridge construction, veneers
- Cedar has a very good durability, especially in water, it increases in hardness and durability.